Monday, October 27, 2008

Troop 966 went Camping

We experienced our first scout campout this past weekend. We loaded up the truck and headed to Cuivre River State Park. The men in charge had lots of stuff planned for the scouters.










We listened to a Forest Ranger talk about animals seen in the park. He let the kids pet a snake. Both Talynn and Chase thought that was awesome.
We went on a hike. It's hard to tell in this picture but the park was beautiful. I couldn't believe all the colors of the leaves.










We helped gather prairie grass seed so the rangers could plant it in other places to help the vegetation.









We enjoyed relaxing and hanging out with new friends at our camp site. The best part of the camp out was the program Saturday night. It was too dark to get pictures but the scouts and leaders performed skits, told scout jokes and sang scout songs. Some of the skits and songs were absolutely hilarious. I don't think Jon and I have laughed that hard in a long time. It was great spending time together as a family.

3 comments:

Amy said...

That looks so nice. I used to always enjoy camping with my family.

Janel said...

Sounds fun!

Phil and Karen said...

I'm so glad you got to see the leaves change colors. I hope it helped with the homesickness. We have been gone on vacation, so check out our blog soon to see our trip and Halloween! Can't wait to see your kids' costumes. Miss ya!