Friday, January 9, 2009

Welcome 2009!!!


Well, to start off 2009 we decided to put an ornament in our yard. Isn't it pretty?! Both Jon and I cried when we saw the sign. We can't believe we are moving AGAIN! At least this time we get to come back to our home. Besides putting the sign up in the yard we have been busy going through everything we own. Man, we have collected a whole lot of JUNK for the past 11+ years. It's not good to go through this JUNK together. I think all of my stuff is important and his is garbarge and Jon thinks his stuff is important and wants to throw all of my stuff away. It has been quite the experience.
Also this past week we have begun our Dutch Language lessons. It is so HARD! I can now say "My name is Allison" and "I will live in the Netherlands for two years." I know it's not much but hopefully by the time we leave I will be able to say more or at least understand more.
We are hoping 2009 will bring us lots of happiness and many memories. We are going to miss all of our friends and family but hope to see most of you when you visit the Netherlands. (HINT HINT)

3 comments:

Phil and Karen said...

I'm hoping I can say in my recap of 2009 that I went to the Netherlands, but I think it will be more 2010! And of course you JUNK is more important..HELLO!!!!!!

Amy said...

I'm there! When you send me the round trip tickets I'll be on the plane to see you in the Netherlands!

That sign IS very sad. Not at all delicious.

Jodi said...

I so hope we can come over sometime. Of course, I never made it to NC or MO. I was planning on coming to MO, but you had had to up and move. Way to go. Anyway, I would like to come visit while you are in the Netherlands, we'll see if I can talk my hubby into it.