Monday, March 30, 2009

Road Trip

On Saturday we decided to take a drive. We ended up in North Holland. Here are some pictures of stuff we saw along the way.

This is a professional football (soccer) team. We didn't know anything about them but decided to stop and take a look at them practicing. When we got home we googled them and found out they are ranked #3 in the world. Wow, GO AZ! Jon and Chase bought hats so they can support the local team.

Someone told us that if it's raining in the city, it's sunny at the beach. We didn't believe them but, as you can see, it's true. It was still cold and of course Talynn wanted her swimsuit on but the kids had a great time.







Here are some flower fields. The yellow flowers are Daffodils. The white and purple are crocus (sp?). The flowers tucked under the plastic are Tulips. The farmer is trying to help them beat the cold and get growing. These pictures don't do it justice. We were in total awe. It was just amazing to look out your window and see rows and rows of flowers. Truly breathtaking. I can't wait until all the tulips are in bloom!








This is one of the many dikes of the Netherlands. As you know, the Netherlands is below sea level. The monument we found pretty funny. It's a guy bending over placing a rock. We climbed a tower and took the picture of the road heading off to no where. It actually swings around and meets back up with the other side of North Holland.
BTW, if you are wondering why the kids have paint on their faces. Well, on Saturdays at McDonalds they have face painting. We thought it was all great until Sunday morning when we were trying to wash it off so we could go to church. I think Chase still went with a hint of red.
P.S. I'm really bugged with Blogger right now. I had the pictures all nice in groups and go to publish and it turns out a mess. I've tried for 45 minutes to fix it and it just keeps looking worse. BUG ME!!!!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I know what you mean about the layout. SO annoying. Blogger does not give you a lot of power over the layout.

I LOVE the flowers. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us!

Holly said...

It can't possibly look bad when there are such cute kids in the pictures.

lisa said...

Wow, is all I have to say! I am so happy for you. I talked about you to Cari Watson today at the store. I told her of the adventures you are having. She said Hi! I told her about your blog so she may visit. Keep having fun! What an awesome road trip. You are very tempting you know! I knew The Netherlands had to be lots different then my experiences there (Amsterdam. I love that you are having fun!

Terra Johnson said...

McDonald's face painting Huh? I wondered where you got those cute faces?

michelle keisel said...

That would be so beautiful to see all those flowers. Looks like a great road trip.