Bailee and Chase started school last Thursday and Tally started today. Bailee and Chase were very excited to meet back up with friends after the summer holiday.
Bailee is in 4th grade. Three of her friends from last year are in her same class this year. She was very excited. She will also be
starting piano lessons, swim lessons and gymnastics. It will be a very busy year for her.
Chase is now a big 2nd Grader. His best friend from last year is in his same class this year. I received a letter home from Chase's teacher describing the class. He has 17 children in his class with 12 nationalities being represented. I couldn't believe it. He might be the only American.
Talynn started three day preschool. She goes all day just like Bailee and Chase. I asked her what I was going to do all day without someone home. She replied "I don't know mom, but I have to go to school bad."
Today I got teary eyed as I watched all my children go to school. Am I really at this milestone?! I didn't know what to do with myself. I could go home and start laundry, scrub bathrooms, bake some cookies for after school snacks, or have a great dinner ready, but nope, I headed to the nearest shopping center and shopped!!! Without anyone yelling at me, pulling my arm, telling me they are bored, or asking for another treat. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!! Now, what to do tomorrow?






13 comments:
You are always welcome to take Ashley if you need a shopping buddy. She is really good at asking for treats and whining in stores. ;) We will keep you posted when we have playgroups. You should come, even if Tally is in school. I love her response to your question, by the way. She is so cute!
I am so jealous. But, I do get a couple of hours alone a couple of days a week. Not sure if I am ready to have Trevor gone all day yet. But, I can't wait to get to run to Logan and have all day without a single kid.
How nice to have that time by yourself! I still have a few years since we added Kate to the fam. Otherwise, I would be free this year too. Enjoy your alone time!
Wow...shopping solo? I can't even imagine...like a dream...
Your kids look adorable. Good job on getting them all off to school! Wow, what a milestone!
Enjoy!
I'm right there with you. Callee goes next week. I think I'm starting a new chapter in life and I don't know if I want to. I tried leaving you a message on your wall in facebook, but it didn't work. What's up with that.
I could hear you say "it was Awesome!" Wow shopping by yourself, and not having to worry about the person watching your kids while you shop. I can't imagine.
I went grocery shopping with Tate yesterday and I sure spent more on treats then I would have. But I figured out a trick. I say a box of animal crackers with the little string handle, and I remembered my Mom letting me get them when I was little. I realized it he holds the crackers in one hand and his little puppy in the other. He stopped wanting everything he saw (only a few exceptions) because his hands were already full.(ok that was really long, but I not going to erase all that typing know!)
Dear dear Allison, you look entirely too skinny to be living in a country with the best yogurt on earth! I have LOVED reading about your trips and now I would like to dwon a kilo of Neuhaus chocolates please.
Bless your littles. Going to school in the Netherlands is a bit more exciting than going to Grantsville elementary school...but just a bit mind you. I hope you find something fabulous to do with your time.
PS the family bike pic is fantastic.
I can't believe little Talynn with her big back pack heading off to school! They grow up so fast. Enjoy the freedom and shopping! I shop while Bryson is in school too but it gets me in trouble- I spend way too much! Love, Amy
What do you mean "What do I do tomorrow"? You do more shopping!
I miss you, hugs to all of you!
How are your solo shopping trips? I miss your posts. What have you been up to? I miss you! I wish we could have hooked up while you were over here but I understand you probably had a pretty packed schedule. Take care, just thinkin' about you, Lisa
p.s. what's up with Crystal? email me or you could always FB me too! take care.
Wow! Big milestone for you! I'm so glad you are all doing so well! (:
Glad the tears lasted only a few minutes and you
put that time to good use! Shop till you drop...
Post a Comment