Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Belgium


Since we were on holiday once again we decided to head out and go visit Belgium. We spent the first night in Brussels. Brussels is just a big city. We walked through a park of miniature buildings you see throughout Europe.
There is also a monument of an atom. Not really sure the story behind it but it was neat to go inside and look out.
We also saw the famous statue of a little boy peeing. It was quite hilarious. I thought it was going to be this HUGE statue but it turned out to be really little. While looking at the statue there was a place selling escargot. It smelled so good. Now, for those of you who know me, I WILL NOT EAT ANYTHING THAT COMES FROM THE FISH FAMILY! The family we were with dared Jon to eat some escargot. So he bought ten. Jon ate one and said it tasted like CHICKEN! Doesn't everything taste like chicken? Jon then dared me to eat one. It took all I had in me but I ended up putting one of those slimy creatures in my mouth and started chewing. Guess what? It did taste like CHICKEN! Granted, I didn't eat a second one. Jon tried to get the kids to eat one. Bailee and Chase refused but Tally was all for it. She ended up eating four and wanted more. She kept rubbing her belly saying "yummy".















Our second day we headed for Brugge. LOVED BRUGGE!!! It is such a cute and quaint little town. While there we walked the streets and took LOTS of pictures. We also toured the town by horse a buggy.
Belgium is also known for its chocolate. I LOVE CHOCOLATE! Supposedly Belgium chocolate is the best chocolate in the world. You can take my word for it, it's pretty darn good! We will definitely be taking another trip to Brugge!


















We had a great holiday! The sad part is no more holidays until Christmas! I guess it's time to start using up those vacation days!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yeah, I don't care what something tastes like. If it's slimy or has a weird texture... I cannot stomach it. I wish I were more adventurous. But I'm not. You guys are sure having fun, aren't you?

lisa said...

Al- How are you today? I've been thinking about you a lot lately. What days do you get to come to Utah? I would like to have a Blaine Avenue get together if you are going to be around a bit. I know you probably have a lot of people to see and tons to do while you are here but if you could fit it in we'd love to have you. I miss you! Hope things are going well. I look forward to your visit. Take care, Lisa