Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New Specs

Chase's teacher approached me last week and said Chase was having a hard time seeing the board. On Saturday we took him to see an eye doctor. After all the testing the doctor claimed Chase can only see about 30%. WOW! What a shocker! Jon was suspecting Chase needed glasses since he stands so close to the TV but I just thought he liked to be close to stuff. Chase loves his new glasses. All the way home from picking up the glasses Chase was telling us everything he could see that he didn't know was there. He mentioned that bricks have lines, buildings have names and he can actually see the branches in the trees. Now I'm wondering, all the fabulous places we have taken him in Europe, how much has he really seen?!
Call me bias, but I think he is very handsome in his glasses!


8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Chase looks very handsome! I remember having all of those same thoughts when I got glasses in 3rd grade. I thought it was so cool that I could see individual leaves on the trees.

Unknown said...

He does look very handsome! I had to laugh at his comment about bricks having lines. My mom had never noticed the mortar either until she got her first pair of glasses. It's a whole new world for Chase now! :)

Ben said...

... so you're saying my instructions on how to use the camera worked?!?

He looks great!

Chelsea said...

Very cute Chase!

Amy said...

Totally cool glasses!

Claire said...

So cute! Glasses really suit him!

michelle keisel said...

He really does look handsome Alli. I wish I looked that good in glasses.

Holly said...

What a handsome little man!