Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cleaning Robo

Chase has been working on a new invention for the past couple of weeks in school. Today was the Invention Convention where parents came and looked at all the inventions. I was so impressed. The kids had made commercials about their products and had actually built the new invention. Chase invented a Cleaning Robo. This Robot goes from room to room cleaning, everything! Chase wanted to make this robot so it would clean his room and he would have more time to play. For only 500 euros he will make you one!! What a deal!!!

I had to snicker while I was walking around the classroom and looking at all the inventions. I think every child had invented something their mother would absolutely love! There was a robot who folded laundry, a device to soak up water on the floor, a toothbrush that not only brushed your teeth but played your favorite music and put air in your ears (not sure why you would want air in your ears), a pencil to do your homework, a thinking machine ( I definitely need one of these) and many more. My favorite was a little boy who made shoes with a whole lot of cat toys attached. I asked him what the shoes were for, in his words, "Well, my mom just doesn't have time to play with our cats so I made these shoes that she can wear around the house and while she's cleaning the cats can play." He was so sincere and had really thought through the process.

After the convention, the assistant head of school gave each child a certificate for being an awesome inventor. It was a great day in 2nd Grade!!!

5 comments:

Ben said...

Great idea.... but it's already been made. http://www.amazon.com/iRobot-560-Roomba-Vacuuming-Silver/dp/B000UUBCNO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1265802878&sr=1-1

The Roomba vacuum. And they undercut Chase's price quite dramatically (currently at USD $330). But I liked the idea nonetheless!

Melynie said...

Cute, cute ideas!! Love it. I can't remember, what kind of school do your kids go to? Are you guys picking up Dutch?

Unknown said...

Chase, I love your invention! I wish it was in my budget to have you make me one... I'm anxious to come over to your place and check it out! :)

wright said...

Every mom needs one of each of 'em! (:

Amy said...

Chase, I will buy your robo once it's cheaper. It sounds like it's better than Roomba, which would not clean absolutely everything.