We spent our last 3 days in Rome. We saw and did so much I decided I better split it in to three posts. Because you know, Rome wasn't built in a day!
Our first day in Rome was interesting. We had to return our rental car and find our hotel. Well, our hotel ended up being a little (okay, A LOT) outside of Rome. With all the packing I forgot to take our GPS with us so we were relying on following friends. Which worked fine up to this point of returning the car and finding our hotel. Our friends, the Smiths, were so gracious as to helping us find our hotel and then letting us follow them to the car return. THANK YOU! I think we would still be stuck in Rome if they hadn't of helped out. This took almost the full day so we started our adventure in Rome around dinner time.
We made a stop at the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain while looking for a nice dinner spot. While at the Spanish Steps we saw some famous Italian Actors. Of course, we didn't know they were famous until we asked someone but the Italians were going nuts. We later found out they were filming a detective show somewhat equivalent to america's CSI. Well, we snapped some pictures and joined in on the excitement with the Italians.
Trevi Fountain is LARGE! Not sure the true legend behind it but we were told that if you throw a coin in to the fountain and make a wish, your wish will come true. So, we gave each child a coin and let them make a wish. It took them forever to decide on a wish. They really thought it through. Later I asked what they wished for and Chase said a dog, Tally wished for lipstick and Bailee wants a baby sister. Well, double no to Chase, triple no to Bailee and okay to Tally!
Spring Break 2022 April
4 years ago









4 comments:
Oh--i love that you guys got to go to Italy--thanks for sharing your pics with all of us!!
Oh that wish list is too funny! Loving all these updates! Keep 'em comin'. You better post that great pic of you and Laura, when you get to posting about London!
SO awesome.
I was told that the Trevi fountain legend is that if you throw a coin over your shoulder and the wish you make comes true you will return there some day. I don't know that I got that completely right but it's something like that.
Post a Comment