So today I saw my first windmill. They are beautiful! We ventured out of the city and headed towards the country and the ocean. It is so green with lots of farm (sheep farms) and houses that are amazing. We looked for housing in a village called Bergen. The homes remind me of the home Hanzel and Grettel lived in. They are very unique. We explored a school which is a European school. They cater to all the countries here in Europe. It was actually pretty amazing to see. There are four families in the school from America. We spoke with some of the children. They said they liked living here. There is hope for us!
Here in Holland (Netherlands) riding a bicycle is the best form of transportation. It's amazing to see the baskets and bags hanging off the bikes to carry their items. In fact, today we saw a lady with two children strapped to her bike along with a basket of groceries. She was holding an umbrella in one hand and steering with the other. It was also a down pour of rain. I found it so amazing. It looks like I'll be getting a bike!
I learned how to say goodbye in Dutch. It's hoi hoi. I guess this is the informal version of goodbye but hey, it's goodbye! Chicken is kip so that's nice to know when I go to eat. It seems like my choices of meat are chicken or salmon. I quickly memorized chicken due to my dislike of any seafood or fish.
We saw the ocean today. It was awesome seeing it looking west toward the USA instead of standing on the North Carolina seashore looking towards the east. I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow and the adventure it holds.
I tried downloading some picture but I can't get it to work. I guess you'll have to wait for pictures until I get home.
Spring Break 2022 April
4 years ago






5 comments:
Can't wait to see the pictures. It sounds like such a charming place.
I'm so jealous! I bet it is awesome! The only reason they let Jon through with no problems is because he LOOKS dutch, blonde hair blue eyes, you, on the other hand, look like a German! J/K Hope it continues to be fabulous!
that is so funny about what your friend Karen said. When I first heard about you going to Holland I said that Jon and the kids would fit in because they look Dutch. Loved the comment about you being German! Sprecken si deutch? Sounds like you are having fun. Look at all the places you've seen and the people you've got to meet and touch. Have a good rest of the trip.
This is Becky not some pervert named Kyle! hee-hee
I can't believe your in Holland! I saw on 60 min that Denmark (which is close to Holland? right?) was the voted the happiest people, and they also biked every where. I'm sure you will also be happy there! You can make friends anywhere.
yes you are going to have to invest in a bike and a horn! remember your old bike (from when we were little) where is that bike when you'll need it. It would sure come it handy over there, huh? I have a picture of the bike garage in Amsterdam 4 stories high and they supposedly loose over 20,000 bikes in the canals each year! bikes are a good thing! Lis
Post a Comment