I just have to post a quick note letting all my blogging friends and family know we've made it to Holland. We are in a culture shock! I wasn't prepared for the housing options. What they call a home we call a small condo! There are no backyards they call it a garden. Which it literally is just that, a whole lot of plants and no grass! I asked where the children play and I was told in the street! The international school was amazing. I was very impressed with the curriculum and activities they offer. They even have a full day preschool for Talynn. What will I do with all my time?!!
Tomorrow we continue to look for housing. On Friday we are going to venture on the train. We are very nervous for this event! We don't even know how to buy a train ticket! It's amazing they let Jon and I in the country. Which for a moment I thought they weren't going to let me in. When the police checked my passport they did a lot of speaking in Dutch, flipping through my passport, putting it under some type of light and about 10 minutes of me sweating they finally stamped it and let me through. YES! I HAVE MY FIRST STAMP IN MY PASSPORT!!! Of course, they just stamped Jon's and let him pass. I guess I looked like someone they should be concerned about.
A quick thank you to Holly and everyone else who is helping with my children this week! I appreciate it! Love and miss all of you! Oh the stories I'll be able to tell when I get back!
Spring Break 2022 April
4 years ago






5 comments:
Glad you made it safely. Can't wait to hear more about it. Have lots of fun!
Yes, I always come home from a foreign country grateful for my house...and a lot of other things. I hope y'all find something that you like. Good luck on the train. What a great opportunity y'all have!
Just think no lawns to mow! Hope you have fun! Enjoy the food!
You do look like someone the police should be concerned about. I hope they did a full search!
I guess while everyone's at school you'll have to take up gardening.
Have a blast on the train & if you get lost, just think about what a good story it'll be for your blog.
Allison-I am so envious! I miss the european way of life! Yes things are VERY different. Just try to keep an open mind and you will be great! I can't wait to hear all about it. Good luck on your train adventure. Just ask questions to a local they are very nice to help the dumb Americans. Wow I'm jealous, I recalling my adventures with Savanna this summer :) I'll have to tell you after your home about our Paris, Rome and Amsterdam train adventures! Take care! Lisa
Post a Comment