On the Resort there was an entertainment team. They had programs for adults and children. My kids were a little worried going to Kids Club the first day but they had such a great time they couldn't wait until it was time to go again. Hayet was the Kids Club counselor and my kids loved her. The first day she asked all their names. For some reason she didn't hear Bailee, Chase and Talynn. She heard Bailee, Jason and Helen. We kept repeating the names and she still said Jason and Helen so we just decided to go with it. The second day she finally figured out Chase's name but never Talynn's. The whole staff loved Talynn (I think because of her beautiful, long blonde woman hair) and called her Helen. You would hear them yelling Helen clear across the resort. The funny part is Talynn would answer to the name of Helen and asked us if we could start calling her Helen. By the end of the trip she wanted us to change her name to Helen. We still laugh about it. Everynight there was a mini disco for the kids to go dance. My kids were a little scared to dance in front of everyone staying at the resort so mom would join in on the fun. You know I'm always up for a good dance off!!!
Speaking of Dance Off, well, everynight after the Mini Disco the entertainment team would do some kind of program. One particular night Hayet came and asked me if I would be a part of the show and dance. I love dance off's so I was thrilled to participate. Now a little background, JON HATES TO DANCE!!!!! He leaned over to me after I said yes and says "I hope they ment just you and not me." I told him of course they just ment me. Well, they started announcing the dance competition and it was worded this way "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome tonight to a great show. Tonight we have for you a dance competition. Four COUPLES will compete against each other dancing to five different songs." The look on Jon's face was priceless. He says "Absolutely NO WAY!!!" I just started laughing. After about 5 minutes he leaned over and said "Maybe, just maybe it will be okay as long as we all dance at the same time." He barely got the words out of his mouth when the announcer says, "First couple will dance to a waltz." I thought Jon was going to run from the room and hide himself. Again, I just started laughing. The first couple danced a beautiful waltz so I knew we had be cleaver or else we wouldn't stand a chance. Jon and I decided to just go out and have a great time dancing any way we chose. It turned out to be a hit! I threw out some sprinkler moves, Jon imitated the dance moves on the movie Hitch and made a pizza and threw away the Q-Tip. The crowd went wild! It sparked Jon's dancing abilities and he was ready to go for the next dance. The next dance was the twist. Again, we went out and did our own thing. I didn't know what Jon was doing until I about stumbled over him. He had twisted himself right to the floor and was lying on his back twisting. I was laughing so hard I couldn't move. When the dance was over Bailee leaned over and said "You guys are so embarrassing!" After dancing to a Tango, Tunesia Belly Dance, and how you would dance at a Night Club the points were tallied and (drum roll please) we came in SECOND place!!!! As we were walking back to the room that night Jon said, "Don't you every expect me to do that again!" It was a great time. Wish I had pictures to show.
Okay, back to Kid's Club. Jon and I loved having the kids go to Kids Club. It gave us some alone time together which we haven't had in a long time! We actually remembered that we do like and love each other and can still laugh together. Here is a slide show of some of the fun stuff the kids did at Kids Club.
Spring Break 2022 April
4 years ago









4 comments:
I so wish I was there to witness this. I am laughing all by myself just picturing you two. I can only imagine. I have seen hoe you two act playing charades. I am pretty sure I can picture the dance off. Too bad someone didn't catch it on video.
2nd place...WAY TO GO!
I loved this post! What funny stories. I loved the dance off and "Helen"!! Sounds like a wonderful trip. You know I'm totally jealous. Tell Bailee I'll trade her some goldfish. :) Also, LOVE the new family picture!! So cool!
I wish we could have seen Jon. That would have been priceless. Plus, we ALWAYS need something to gossip about in the family!
You are so good at telling a story I could picture the whole dance off (cam would have had the same reaction"! Cam really likes the movie hitch because of his "smooth moves".
Sounds like a great trip!
Post a Comment