For Christmas Jon and I decided to take our kids to a warm climate. A guy at work told Jon about Tunisia. We had no idea where Tunisia was or anything about it. Tunisia is in North Africa. The climate is around 65 - 70 degrees this time of year so we decided to go for it. We stayed on an all inclusive Resort right on the beach in Hammamet, Tunisia. Since there is so much to blog about I decided to make different posts instead of fitting it all in one. Enjoy!
We arrived in Tunisia Saturday night. It was so dark! We had a van pick us up from the airport and take us to the resort. As we were driving along I kind of got a sick feeling. Every round about (which there were a lot of round abouts) were police. Jon commented "Umm, are they looking for suicide bombers?!" It felt kind of creepy and I was wondering what we had gotten ourselves in to! Before going on the trip I looked up Tunisia on the USA government website making sure it was safe for Americans to travel and the only red flag it had was beware of H1N1. Well, H1N1 is everywhere so I didn't give it another thought! We arrived to our Resort safe and sound. The Resort was gated with a guard so I felt pretty safe inside the walls. The next morning we woke up to BEAUTIFUL sunshine!!!! We haven't seen the sun in so long it took forever for our eyes to adjust. This vacation was planned with only three things in mind: rest, relaxation, and family time. The first day we enjoyed laying in the sun, walking along the beach, swimming in the pool and eating everything in sight!






1 comment:
It looks beautiful! I am so glad you were able to go and have some much-needed family time. I really wish I could have been there to see you and Jon dance, though.
Post a Comment