Sunday, November 23, 2008

TWILIGHT


On Friday night a large group of my friends (not all in the picture) and I went to the Twilight movie. It was so much fun! We arrived an hour and 15 minutes early to guarantee a good seat. Which was a good thing. By the time they opened the theatre the line was going clear out the door. I wore my Bite Me Edward shirt which I love (thanks Jodi). I found out once we were at the theatre that my Stake President (a man from Church who is the leader of all LDS people in about a 100 mile radius) was also coming to the movie with us. When he and his wife walked in they couldn't see us, so I stood up, stretched my arms all the way out and yelled "We're up here." He started laughing. When he got to our row of seats he passed by everyone stopping at me and said "Love the shirt." I was a little embarrassed. Today at church I was coming out of the Bishops (another man from church who leads the LDS people who go with me) office and the Stake President was going in. He said "Oh, Allison it's you. I didn't recognize you without your Edward shirt on." I just started laughing. He told me he thought it was great.

WARNING: If you haven't seen the movie yet you won't want to read the next part. There are some spoilers.
About the movie, I can't go in to everything I loved and disliked. I will just say a couple things. I wasn't excited about the person playing Edward. By the end of the movie he had grown on me and it was okay (just okay). I was disapointed in the meadow scene and I thought Alice should of played a bigger role. I loved when Edward popped the dent out of Bella's truck (that was unexpected and funny). I thought Jacob's character was well represented as well as Victoria's. I loved the ending and its made me excited for the second movie. Overall I would of rated it about a 3 out of 5. I still love the version which plays in my head the best! I would love to hear all your reviews.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I have to say the dent popping part was my favorite part of the movie. So Funny. I liked Edward in the second half of the movie, but not so much in the first. The whole sparkle thing was awful. It just didn't look right. I am excited for the the next movie though.

Amy said...

I didn't read your whole post since I didn't see the movie yet. I'll probably wait until it's at the library like I usually do:0) No fun going by myself anyway. But anyway, Allison, I'm gonna miss you so much when you're gone. You make RS fun.

michelle keisel said...

Overall liked it. Movies almost never live up to the books, so I was expecting as much. I also wish Alice was more involved. Jasper was the one I thought was way too weird.

Holly said...

I still wanted to get our picture in front of a Twilight display at the theater. We can all come to my house and have one in front of Kairsti's larger than life Edward poster in her room. You might just need one of those posters when Jon goes out of town to put by your dream sticker. hehehe