Thursday, September 25, 2008

TALLY

So, last night I'm helping Bailee and Chase with their spelling words and I hear Talynn talking to someone. I look over and she has her purse (of course), stroller and baby. That's when I noticed her other accessory. She had put on Chase's church tie. I started laughing. She has always been about her accessories and apparently she thinks this tie is a good fashion statement. I couldn't resist taking a picture. It really cracked me up!




Since this post is about Talynn I thought I would insert something else she did today. While I was working on some church stuff Tally was playing in her bedroom. I could hear her talking to her baby doll. I thought for sure everything was okay. Then, she came in to my bedroom and I saw what had been happening. She had found a blue sharpie and colored all over her baby. I said "Tally, what are you doing?" She replied, "Church mommy, Church". That's when it all came back to me. A couple weeks ago at church Jon wrote "I love daddy" on Tally's hand. Now her baby has the same marking, except it won't wash off. I thought to myself, "perfect opportunity for a teaching moment". So, I tried to explain to a two year old that we don't write on ourselves or our babies. I told her it makes us look ugly. She replied with "No, mommy. Church, daddy." Another teaching moment down the drain!

5 comments:

Janel said...

It is fun to get to know Talynn through your blog.

Phil and Karen said...

Gotta love them teaching moments! Jaycee has done the same thing, only pen in my vehicle!!! Tell Tally I love the tie, it is highly fashionable.

Alisa said...

Your blog is so fun to read!! Talynn is a cutie. Callee did the same thing last night with the tie. I told her that boys wear ties and she said that girls do too, she saw it on T.V. It's crazy the things they pick up on. Take Care.

Amy said...

She's stylin'! Maybe she and Michael could go to the prom together.

JustusFam said...

that made me laugh! It also reminded me of the time Erin, who was 2 or so at the time, smeared vaseline all over her baby, the couch and the floor! Yes, that baby was trashed the couch some some survived and the carpet was replaced as soon as some one else moved in! Not good! Be happy it was a marker...it could have been WAY worse!