Friday, September 19, 2008

Time Out for Women

Last Saturday I left my family behind and went to a conference called Time Out for Women. For those of you wondering what this is, well, it's a day full of inspirational talks and music. I've never gone before but when I found out Jane Clayson Johnson was going to be there I knew I wanted to go. For those of you who don't know Jane Clayson Johnson, she is a Journalist who first worked for KSL News in Salt Lake City and later moved to New York City and co-hosted the CBS morning show with Bryant Gumbel. I have always loved Jane Clayson. She was my news woman growing up. I always thought she was beautiful and stood for what she believed in. She has recently written a book called "I am a Mother". I'm currently reading this book and it is amazing. I would recommend it to every woman.












I know this picture looks like I'm crying but I really wasn't. I was just telling Jane how much I love and adore her and I guess I was just in the moment. After all, she is a celebrity.








Hilary Weeks also performed. This was the first time I've ever heard her music. It was fabulous. I ended up buying her CD and have listened to it several times everyday. (Ela you would love it.) She has a song called "Just Let Me Cry". I love this song. It's about someone you love becoming sick and dieing. I have many days when I want to talk to my mom and I end up crying. This song reassures me that it's okay to cry, just let it out so you can feel better.
This is a picture of some of my friends who also went. There were about 20 of us total. I'm so glad I took the opportunity to go. I learned so much about myself as a person, a wife and a mother.

7 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm so jelous, Do you think you could find a farm for sale in Missouri so that I can move there. I want to go with you to Time Out for Women. I went last year. It was a lot of fun. But it would be nice to get to go with you.

Phil and Karen said...

When it comes to Utah again, I really want to go, so does my sister and my mom. I'm glad you found Hillary Weeks, we love to listen to soft Sunday sounds on FM 100 and she is one artist that's music is always playing. And come on....you weren't crying? Some how I find that hard to believe. j/k It is OK to cry.

Amy said...

How fun that you got to meet Jane! Glad you all enjoyed yourselves!

Janel said...

I agree with Jodi. That you would make The Time Out for Women much for fun! I don't think I would want to move to Missouri. Just maybe come for a visit. And this time I would hand on to my purse real tight.

Allison said...

For those of you who don't know, Janel's purse was stolen while she was visiting the arch. Never, never, leave your purse, wallet or any valuables in your car while you are visiting down town St. Louis!!!

lisa said...

How fun! I have wanted to go to time out for women for a long time too. Maybe I should next time it's around these parts :) I love reading your blog I check it almost every day. Thanks for keeping me posted on your life. I started a blog too so I'll send you the address soon.

lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.